A Training Workshop of MOST
The Ministry of Science and Technology
The People"s Republic of China
International Training Workshop on Fully Mechanized Coal Mining Technology 2012
September 9-28, 2012
Beijing & Tangshan, China
Deportment of International Cooperation of the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST)
l5B Fuxing Road, Beijing l00862, P. R. China
China National Coal Group Corp.(ChinaCoal)
1.Huangsi Dajie, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100120, P. R. China
China Coal Overseas Development Co. Ltd. (CODCO)
Meiji Mansion, 192 Andingmenwai Street, Beijing 100011, P. R. China
Introduction to MOST
The Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) is a governmental agency that is responsible for the formulation and implementation of national science and technology R&D plans. One of its important missions is to strengthen international cooperation in science and technology with other countries, especially with developing countries. Since 1989, international technical training workshop/courses on various subjects have been conducted in China every year under the auspices of MOST as a part of its international scientific and technical cooperation programs.
The 1st Session of the Workshop on Fully Mechanized Coal Mining Technology, sponsored by Department of International Cooperation of MOST, organized by China Coal Overseas Development Co. Ltd. (CODCO), will be held in Beijing, China in September, 2012.
Brief of ChinaCoal & CODCO
China National Coal Group Corp. (ChinaCoal), is one of the key state-owned enterprises under the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council. Its core businesses comprise: coal production and trade, coal chemical, coal-bed methane exploration, pit-mouth power generation, coal mine construction, coal mining equipment manufacturing and relevant engineering technical services. ChinaCoal now has 41 subsidiaries of wholly-owned, holding or equally shared and 4 overseas offices as well as partly owns 11 other companies and registered employees of 121,000. By December 31, 2009, ChinaCoal accumulated its total assets to RMB 147.6 billion yuan, and has 121,000 employees in total.
China Coal Overseas Development Co., Ltd. (CODCO) is responsible for export of products made by the coal mining machinery manufacturers under CME as well as import and export of other mechanical and electrical equipment. CODCO has also been engaged in design and construction of mine and gallery, equipment installation, technical consultation, service and training for overseas projects. CODCO has exported quite a number of complete sets of fully mechanized longwall coal mining equipment to India, Turkey as well as Russia and other countries. CODCO has completed two large shaft sinking projects in Morocco and Turkey.
The objectives of the workshop are as follows:
1) Introduction to development of coal mining technology in China and mining equipment manufacture as well as the achievements obtained in recent years;
2) Spreading and promoting the availability and reliability of Chinese coal mining equipment;
3) Carrying on multilateral technical cooperation and international exchange on coal mining technology and advanced equipment.
September 9-28, 2012 (20 days)
Beijing and Tangshan, P. R. China
It is usually fine in September in Beijing and Tangshan with the temperature ranging from 20 to 28℃.
5. Working Language
l. Lectures on coal mining technology and advanced equipment
2. Practice and Visits
3. Discussion and Exchange
1. Introduction to the development of Chinese coal industry and the achievements obtained in coal mining technology and equipment research and manufacturing
2. Chinese coal mining technologies of one cutting height, top coal caving and shortwall coal mining, etc.
3. Rational selection of fully mechanized coal mining equipment at different condition, etc.
4. Visit to coal mines both on surface and underground and visit to coal mining equipment manufacturers concerned in China
l. have a Bachelor"s Degree or equivalent and be at age under 45 or under 50 for especial case;
2. have a minimum of 5 years’working experiences in coal mining industry;
3. be capable of speaking and writing in English;
4. be in good health.
l. Applicants should complete the enclosed application form with signature and return back to the organizer before June 20, 2012.
2. The second circular will be sent to the participants with a formal invitation and tentative schedule of the workshop.
3. Submit a paper to be presented in the workshop.
4. Submit a health certificate.
Call for Papers or Cooperation Projects
Any participants are expected to present a paper in the following categories：
- Current status and development of coal industry of his/her own country
- Requirement on coal mining technology and equipment
- Intention of cooperation between China and his/her country
l. International travel expenses will be borne by the participants themselves (round trip tickets between his/her home country and Beijing Capital Airport or Beijing Railway Station).
2. Registration fee is not necessary.
3. Chinese government will cover the expenditure of accommodation, local transportation and training expenses during the workshop in China for the participants from developing countries. However, participants are advised to have some pocket money for personal purpose such as distance call or daily necessities and so on.
4. The expenses for necessary insurances other than life insurance during the workshop in China will be borne by the participants themselves.
5. The participants should bear his/her medical fee by himself/herself during the workshop in China.
Participants who have completed study successfully in the training workshop will be awarded a certificate issued by the Department of International Cooperation of MOST.
1. The health certificate must be va1id, provided by authorized physician or hospital. 2. The deadline for the Application Form will be June 20, 2002.
For more information on the International Training Workshop on Fully Mechanized Coal Mining Technology 2012, please contact：
Madame She Aimin
Assistant Managing Director
China Coal Overseas Development Co., Ltd. (CODCO)
Address: Meiji Mansion, 192 Andingmenwai Street, Beijing 100011, P. R. China
Tel：+86-10-64268337 +86-10-64249366 Fax：+86-10-64265505
E-mail：email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Attachment： APPLICATION FORM.doc